- Begin by creating a new wallet file as per this guide.
- Click on next to see the wallet type selection window:
As you can see Electrum supports different types of wallets. You need to select the same type of wallet that you are restoring which in this case is the “Standard wallet”
- In the next step electrum asks you to choose where the wallet secret will come from
Choose “I already have a seed”
- Then enter your seed words:
Once you’ve entered valid seed words the next button will become enabled and you’ll be able to proceed to the next step.
Note: If the seed words are from another wallet, like the blockchain.info wallet, then you have to press options and check bip39.
- If your seed words are from a bip39 wallet (i.e. not Electrum) you will be shown this window below. Just leave the default value (m/44’/0’/0′ ) unchanged and click next
- Electrum now asks you to enter a password to protect your wallet file. This is optional but strongly recommended:
- Finally it generates your addresses and displays the electrum window: